Yeah, I was thinking I may have to Netflix DVD versions of the ones that sound interesting and see if they are, in fact, worth importing the Blu-rays of. I figured I'd see if anyone had anything to say first.

I liked Steamboy all right, though I kept falling asleep when trying to watch it. When I was finally able to watch all of it, I thought it was kind of cool, but yeah, I think the pace does me in. What other anime have you NOT been able to sit through?

I've been more impressed with anime TV series than movie, but of course that requires more of a time investment, and there is a ton out there to watch. Still, I think if you ever feel the urge to watch more anime, make it a series. grunt and I agree that Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex are entirely worthwhile, and he has plenty of other suggestions that I haven't gotten around to yet. I would also include Fullmetal Alchemist as one of my favorites--perhaps even my #1 at this point--though I haven't seen anyone here back me up on that yet. \:\)