Just noticed that the Sherwood R-972 is now listed on the Sherwood site. Looks pretty impressive with its up-to-date features and Trinnov's Optimizer along with SiliconOptix Reon video processor. The site does not list an MSRP, but assuming it is not too much more than the $1,200 R-872 then some here (including me) might be interested in comparing it to the Denon 3000s, Onkyo 800s and 900s and Pioneer Elites.

I assume this means the Outlaw and Sherwood pre/pros should be along soon? While I know it may not matter much, I'm surprised the amp section is not rated over 100wpc. Strangely (to me) stereo at 20hz is listed at 100wpc, yet 7 channel output at 1kHz is listed at 130wpc. I get the increase, but why would they list a number at 20hz and then another at 1kHz? Seems like somebody did not want to list the drop off in power with 7 chans run at 20-20k. \:\( Not much slight of hand there. Then again, Axiom says their amps are as robust as the Denons, and we know those work.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire