Originally Posted By: Adrian
Nice write-up. It would be interesting to hear the MA S6 against it's replacement the RS6 to see/hear what changes MA made to them.

Actually i should have clarified, the speakers in this audition were the latest MA Silver editions, the RS6s.
However, just because a new revision comes out, I wouldn't assume big, or even subtle changes. It is often a small and relatively insignificant tweak of some sort (or several) so a new 'release' of the lineup can take effect and the marketing machine starts humming especially if the lineup has been around for awhile.
I spoke with a Monitor rep for Canada and he confirmed that the RS6 line had only cosmetic changes from the original Silvers. At the time i had heard a new revision was coming so i held off on buying the old revision then re-thought the idea after speaking with the rep.

Quote:
The PLs are rather pricey $$ (I think $5500 might be conservative).

The PL300s were just under 10k a pair, but the bookshelf PL100s were set at $5500 with stands (Cdn). I can check on the pricing again when i head back in the next week to hear the PL300s.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."