Originally Posted By: Scott M
[I know that the M60s will blow my klipsch speakers out of the water. I was just concerned about bass because I had demoed some tower speakers (rega R5 i think, through a rega brio amp) and it had almost no bass.

I want to use my Macbook to play lossless/FLAC files. I think I will just get a nice 3.5mm-2 RCA cable at first, but I will probably want to get a DAC later down the road. A DAC (for macbook purposes) basically acts as an external soundcard, right? Forgive me if I'm sounding like a newbie \:D

Don't worry about being a "newbie", no matter how much money we spend, we are all newbies depending on who is reading the post. I don't know Apple's soundcads, so I won't comment, but if you are looking to upgrade your sound, consider an AVR, or integrated amp to hook up to your computer. That, plus a good bookshelf would beat the pants off your current system.

As for the M60s, assuming you can give them the source material to make their purchase worthwhile, you won't regret it. But, if bass is a big thing for you (and your music suggest it is is) you should go the sub/sat route. A really good sub, like the EP500 plus a nice set of Sat's will blow you away and feel like the music is actually kicking you in the chest. No tower will do that with your current system (no offense). Go sub/sat from Axiom and you will never regret it. The other good thing is the Sat's become surrounds when you later want a full tower.

Almost there brother.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire