Originally Posted By: Argon
 Originally Posted By: davekro
So I sort of did a reverse crawl by placing the subs where I thought they would work best, then crawled around the room to see where base was good and where it was missing.

Dave - sounds like a good idea.

Any suggestions for LFE/Bass heavy material....Bueller?

I used a particular scene from Wall-E where the alien ship was just landing. I just kept rewinding it numerous times. That way I was hearing the exact same passage for an apples and apples comparison. (seemed like a good idea) Having a particular source with continual LFE would have been nice too.

By crawling around, I found that the back half of the room (16' back of list. pos.) was pretty null, which is perfect. the LFE happened to sound and FEEL much better with my subs in their new location (L & R of list. pos.) than in the front. I was very pleased. Two days ago, I moved one of the two smaller KLH 10" subs from the back half of the room, to the front between TV and RF speaker. A smaller degree of improvement than the main change, but better, none the less! \:\) So now I have subs left right and in front of the list. pos. I don't know if it is 'optimum' for my 31' x 23' room, but of all the aesthetically WAF locations, this set up is Great.

Last edited by davekro; 04/28/09 07:30 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."