Crossover setting aside I’m curious why you are considering changing from your M22s to M80s?

As for the Dolby and THX recommendations take them as such…recommendations. They are designed to create a standard between recording and playback so that you ostensibly hear what the sound engineer intended. They also provides a simple way to setup a system for the majority of people who don’t want to spend the time and effort tweaking their systems to find exactly what they prefer. So if you want to try, or find you prefer, a lower/higher crossover or different speaker placement than recommended then by all means do it.

I found that in my apartment setup running the M80s large and the subwoofer LFE+Mains substantially evened out the bass and also gave more of a feeling of impact to the M80s which I sat fairly close to. However, in the larger room I’m now in I’m not seeing the same benefits and may even be noticing some power related advantages to running the M80s small.

Back to what the real question seems to be…what is it you are looking for in moving from the M22s to the M80s?

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1