I have heard that Serenity is a good sci-fi movie. It was one of the initial movies that came out on HD-DVD and I think it had a Dolby Digital Plus sound track; the sound track was deemed mediocre with poor center channel utilization and so so surround. Blu-ray release is apparently improved in video over HD-DVD and audio is much improved in center and surrounds plus the track is now DTS Master Audio. I have not watched this movie myself but bought it recently and wanted to mention it as it is on sale at Target through this Saturday for $16.99 (same as on Amazon.(I have no affiliation with either outfit).

I watched Blackhawk Down on DVD on our family room system (small TV and Bose speakers - what can I say) some years ago as a rental before building our HT room. I just bought it on Blu ray at Target for $15.99 (again on sale through this Saturday and same as on Amazon). It should sound quite good in a properly set up surround system.

I wanted to post early before watching either movie in blu ray this weekend in order to inform you guys about the current sale on them. I also wanted to bump Randy's useful thread.

Looking forward to reading more posts in this thread.

John
Our HT