Hello everyone :),

My name is Steven, and I live in Belgium.

Currently, I'm in a kind of difficult situation (well at least for me, since I'm a newbie at all this stuff ^^).
So here it is... In a few weeks I am moving out, and I plan to buy a new "multimedia center" for this new space. The room I'll be staying in is a rented attic in a house with other people, but they have busy lives and aren't home that often, so I can crank up the volume once in a while ^^. \:D The room itself will be pretty small in comparison to the rest of the rooms in the house, and it'll be the only part of the house in which I can put what I want. The rest of the house is available to me, but I can't change any of that, you see? ^^

So now, I have to find the appropriate speakers for a space of that size. The room will be 32 square meters, so that means (according to Google conversions) about 344 square feet (13.1233596 feet * 26.2467192 feet), and about 7 feet (2.2 meters) high in the middle of the room, BUT it descends down to about 3 feet (1 meter) from the middle, on both sides of the ceiling. I hope you can kind of imagine those numbers ^^, because unfortunately I don't have a picture right now (I'm on my laptop).

The right speakers for that space are one thing, but then I have another question :). The speakers will be linked to a Onkyo TX-SR706 A/V Receiver (any other suggestions here? \:D Always welcome \:D ), so that means I will need a surround speaker-set. But now I wonder... Should there be any harm in listening to stereo music through (a) surround receiver/speakers ?

I asked these questions here because I've heard and read good things about Axiom speakers, and I might consider buying them, if they offer a good setup for a room & receiver like mine. \:\)

Anyway, thanks a million in advance!

Greets !
Steven