Originally Posted By: bridgman
Maybe when people announce they have speakers coming we should ask how many CDs they have. Then we can multiply that by the average play time of a CD and estimate when we will hear from them again ;\)

Sorry it's taken so long. It has actually been a combination of all the reasons stated in the above posts. LOL yeah it does take time to listen to 800+ cds let's see using an average time of 60 miutes = 800 hours or about 33 days listening 24/7. We also had a big family event over the weekend that limited the amount of time I had to listen to anything at all. I also have an issue with my ep-500, as in I can't get any sound from it. JC and I did some troubleshooting the other day and have determined that the amp has a problem. A new one is being sent as I write this. Ok that was the bad news. The good news is that the speakers sound fantastic. Even without the SW the M-80s make everything I play sound better that I have ever heard it before. The QS8's are the best surrounds I have ever heard. They make movies come to life. We were watching Valkyrie Sunday evening and the opening scene in North Africa when the anti-aircraft gun starts firing scared the crap out of both my wife and I. I swear I had to check myself out because I thought I had been shot. I still have some tweaking to do. My wife is going to be gone all of next week so you can be assured that there will be some serious listening going on while she is away. I can't wait to get the amp in and power up the SW so I can get the full effect.

M80v2,EP500v2,VP150v2,4xQS8v2,Algonquins V3
Denon 3808CI
Oppo BDP-83
LG 55LW6500