Originally Posted By: CV
It could also come to a point where everything collapses, and it will be a long time before another civilization surpasses the technology that we take for granted, but I'm hoping it goes the way you're saying.

Oh I have no doubt about that at all. I'm hoping our grandchildren don't see it, but rest assured we will not be the last civilization to rule this world. The dinosaurs had a much longer run then we'll ever enjoy. We simply gobble up way too much of the earths resources to make it millions of years. Our species have had a good foothold as the top of the food chain for less than 35,000 years and already we're nearly at the breaking point as far as being able to sustain ourselves... how are we supposed to make it another 15 or 20 million years?

And the earth is still young. It has enough years left in her to see at least another 4 or 5 civilizations rise and fall before it's all over. We will not be here when the sun explodes. There's not a doubt in my mind about that. If we live to see the next ice age, it'll do us in almost assuredly. Or a meteor. Nuclear war. AIDS. Take your pick.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD