I'm finally in a position to upgrade from my crappy, out of available inputs with all but non-existent bass management $275 Panasonic receiver (which did the job far longer than I thought it would, and still works like new) to something far better.

This is because I've finally moved to a new place, and the new room will be about 95% in ground, below the kitchen (not a bedroom this time), with one wall shared (though spaced by an unfortunately adjacent mechanical room) with the neighbour, the other major wall is shared with the garage.

The biggest concern is the dimensions: approching square - about 14W x 13D x 9, maybe 10H. So given this, I want the option of engaging decent room correction features such as YPAO, MCACC, or one of the Audyssey variations. If it helps, great, if not, disable it.

Budget is up to maybe $1,400 all-in-all-done. Lots of other $ priorities come with the new place, including rounding out my Axioms. Comments concerning extended warranties are appreciated.

Now being in a townhouse means that the new(er) dynamic equalization at lower volumes is very attractive (by-laws say quiet time after 10:30pm). Available pre-outs for the inevitable desire to add an amp or two would be great, and multi-channel analog inputs are required to support my universal dvd-a/SACD player. HDMI inputs are nice if not outright required. GUI onscreen is nice, but not a deal-breaker. Network-ready (wireless) would be nice, but not critical.

Would like to go BR one day soon, so the new decoding (which seems pretty widely available anyway) would be good. I'm not really one to use the DSP fields (Hall, Club, etc.) too much.

I was offered a Denon 2809 for $999 (retail). Jump on it or keep looking?

TIA for your experienced input. You're controlling my AV experience for the next few years, so I really appreciate your help.