Update time.

Good timing and a fair deal meant that I'm now enjoying an Onkyo TX-SR706 and a Sharp LC-46E77UN.

And like the member with today's pic of his custom stand in the gallery, I'd considered building one to match my needs as I couldn't seem to find one that I thought would work at a reasonable price... until I found one at the local Costco.

Great piece. A 150lb flat-pack box - most of the weight is the glass shelves - it took a couple of hours to carefully build by myself, but it went together well and is really solid, and is complete with a stand/mount for the panel. I'd not heard of the company before: Slam Brands out of Redmond, WA. <$250 with taxes. Highly recommended.

Being new to the mount thing, I wanted to be sure that the screen that I was considering would be work with the mount ("fits most TVs" on the box), so I emailed them one night and got a positive response by mid-morning the next day. Nice.

The included wire management is a good theory , but it'll take some time to make nice clean job back there. Right now it's all wired up, but ugh... what a mess.

I couldn't find a Denon 3310 locally for less than $1600. I'm sure that the 706 will do just fine.