Years ago, my daughter was on a softball team. They were having a practice and a heavy thunderstorm was approaching. My wife and I were sitting in the car watching as were a lot of other parents. I kept thinking that the "coach" would call it off - he just kept on like nothing was happening. I was counting the seconds between the flash and the thunder and getting more agitated with each passing moment - not wanting to embarass my daughter but struggling with my knowledge that you should get out of the open in a storm.....duh?
Finally there was a flash and I didn't even get to 3 seconds before the boom. I ripped open the car door, strode up to the field, called my daughter by name and said "get in the car". What did the "coach" do? He had been hitting fungos and grounders - He looked at me like I was a ***** and raised the aluminum bat up to the sky. I have never wished "ill" on anyone but I did, on this occaision, think to myself "don't kill him, but at least knock him on his a$$. Of course, nothing happened - except that most of the other parents followed my lead and pulled their children off the field............

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill