I think you would be fine with the M2s in that size room. Additionally, If there is any chance you can fit a M2 above or below your screen as a center speaker then I would go with the M2s for sure. Just run the numbers and look at the money you will save getting 3 x M2 vs 2 x M22s and 1 x VP100. Having all three front speakers match is considered ideal for the same reason people always use matching L/H and R/H stereo speakers.

If you do have your heart set on the M22s don’t let me talk you out of them or you may always wonder…what if? But I just don’t think the incremental improvement you will get from them will make a big enough difference to justify the price in that room. Even if you descide on the M22 mains I would still seriously consider an M2 center if you can fit one.

Lastly if your willing to fork over about 30 USD return shipping you could order both and hear for yourself which works best shipping back the pair you don’t keep.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1