Originally Posted By: Shaun
I would audition some local subs and see what you like. Also, how big of a sub do you want (can you fit?) SVS subs hit hard for a good price - musically, I think there are better out there, but they do hit hard, no doubt about it. Check out Epik subs also..they have some good looking subs at good prices - the downside is they are quite large boxes, but I have yet to see or hear a bad review or a bad impression on them. I am not familiar with the Axiom subs, but for dollar to dollar, you certainly have a lot of good options out there to choose from

Shaun,

Thanks for the advice! Size wise, I'd like to get the smallest box I can get away with that will produce good bass down to 20hz. At this point, it sounds like something on the average 3.5sq feet or so. Realistically, I have only two placement options, both along the wall adjacent to the couch. Aesthetics dictate that the box (or cylinder) would need to be placed very close to the wall.

I am looking for shops to audition subs, aside from the local BB.

Epik (Vanquish) and SVS (PC12-NSD) are considerations, though the shipping to me would run around $200+. Best deal going so far is the Hsu STF-2 which would run $460ish shipped to my door.

Aloha!
Brian