Well after living with the ep500 for over a week now I must say that I am very impressed. Do I still want more output, well yes, since the sub’s volume is currently maxed out but I won’t be able to get it without upgrading. If you never seen my initial posts about my new system than to make a long story short the sub was coming up a little short in the db department since I have close to 12000 ft^3 to fill.

That said I had some alone time with a few movies in the last couple of days and got a chance to listen to levels at which the wife won’t watch with me. I must say the output from the ep500 was surprising. My couch rattled a few times but more than anything you could feel the LFE. My walls and windows were not rattling but the overall feeling of pressure was huge! I couldn’t believe it. While I could try turning the gain way up in the receiver to get higher levels of LFE at lower volumes I will still be topping this sub out when I watch at high volumes. Oh and I only really noticed just how significant the difference was after watching scenes back to back with the sub on and then off.

So I convinced the wife and an EP600 is on the way!!! I’ll audition both subs and see which one I’ll keep (most likely the 600!!!). I’ll see if the extra output of the 600 is enough to balance the system.

Oh and I should put out a big thanks to Axioms customer service. I was prepared to pay for the EP800 when they advised me against it. They mentioned that it did go lower but not necessarily louder due to the sealed design. Most companies would have shut up and taken the money! Also because I will presumably be sending the EP500 back they only billed me the difference between the 500 and 600. Again very nice since they could have charged the full amount for the 600 and only credited after the safe return of the 500. Service like that keeps customers coming back!

Epic 80 - 500 system in 7.1
Denon 3808CI