Well, I got flooded in late july so I need to redo my HT. My trusty 15 year old Sound Dynamics floor standings and my sub got wet...

I am no audiophile, but I don't like buying low end stuff. I enjoy quality (within a reasonable budget).

My home theater is a basement room, that's 11 x 16 for the HT part, but the actual room is 11x24 (there's an extra 8' behind the couch).

The insurance only covers the sub and fronts. If I was to change to Axiom speakers, I would have to change the center channel as well I guess so I'll try to take the budget for the sub to cover for it.

Here are my questions:

1. Would M60 be more than enough for someone like me? or should I go all out and get M80s?

2. Since I would buy the center channel to match, I wouldn't be getting a sub right away (probably for a long time i.e over a year). Would either fronts be good enough to get some decent bass? I'm not bass crazy (I had an 8" sub before that I never really liked, as it sounded... muddy for lack of a better word. It was too small for the room I was told)

Main usage is TV & Movies. Occasional concert DVDs and music on rare occasions. I was suggested by Axiom people to go with the M22 bookshelf speakers, a VP150 and an EP350, but I don't like the idea of using stands for the bookshelf, I'd rather have floorstandings.

If it makes any difference, the TV is a 61" JVC D-ILA rear-projector. I was thinking of mounting the VP150 above it using the Full Metal bracket, to free up space under the TV for components.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Marc