Perhaps Ascend has changed their policy or you were thinking of Aperion. Neither shipping from nor back to Ascend is included in the MSRP. They list a $20 flat rate for this speaker shipped to you and say the following in their return policy:

ASCEND 30-DAY GUARANTEE...

Originally Posted By: Ascend

4. Items returned to us must be shipped pre-paid by the sender. Ascend Acoustics will not accept C.O.D. returns, nor will we be liable for any carrier charges associated with the return of any product. Shipping charges paid at the time of purchase will not be refunded.

I’m guessing it will be close to the same price, however, they also say this:

Originally Posted By: Ascend

3. Items should be returned in the complete original packaging to ensure they will not be damaged in return transport. Any items returned in damaged condition will be subject to review before credit is issued. We recommend insuring all returned product with the carrier.

Axiom includes shipping to the customer as part of the MSRP. And estimates the return shipping for 2 bookshelf speakers at 30USD.

Also Axiom says this:

The Axiom In-Home Trial 30 day...

Originally Posted By: Axiom

If Axiom loudspeakers do not surpass your highest expectations, send them back to us within 30 days and we will give you a refund. No questions asked. Please be sure to keep all original packaging for returning your loudspeakers. If you do not have original packaging, please contact us.

P.S. I stand corrected if Ascend is offering some sort of shipping special I missed on their site when I checked out the links from that forum last night.

Last edited by grunt; 09/11/09 05:59 PM.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1