I was on vacation that week and was sleeping in. My mom and I were going to fly to NYC on 9/13 for my cousin's wedding on 9/15. I have no siblings and grew up with them, so this was sort of a big deal.

I heard the phone ring a little earlier but slept some more before deciding to get up. I checked the answering machine and it was a friend of mine who said something to the effect of "Well, I guess it looks like you won't be making your trip"... and not much else.

I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. My TV was on but on HBO. I flipped around TV channels and quickly found out what he meant. The second plane had already hit, I remember being stunned, thinking there would even more attacks than actually occurred. A horrible day.

Obviously we couldn't make the trip, but my cousin decided to go ahead with the wedding, one of the first in NYC after 9/11, at St. Patrick's Cathedral.

On a previous trip to NYC, we wanted to tour the Towers, but got there too late and only visited to lobby area (forgot which tower).

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED