Hmmm... Well I wonder what the difference is then? Could it be the single headphone jack out connection doesn't reproduce the signal quite as well or what? Because it isn't even a case of personal preference or anything remotely like that, there is a clear difference in the two signals, no two ways about it. The bass is tighter, hits harder, the surrounds (I play it in 5.1 channel) have more information sent to them, and its altogether a wider soundfield.

And it's not like I prefer the Sony, when I was ripping my collectiom to the computer I was hoping that playing them at 900 kbps would match the CD player in performance. But upon playback it just seemed to be lacking something? So like I said I played both songs at the same time & simply flipped between the two sources on the Denon (so that there was zero lag time between the audio signal, it was immediate back and forth) and there was no comparison, the computer could not match the quality of the Sony, unfortunately, because I was hoping it would.

Could there be another reason? I tried to find the contol pannel for the audio on the computer but didn't really find anything. I wonder if something is not right with it? That would be great if I could achieve the same sonic signal from the computer without having to buy a upgraded sound card!!!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD