I have had a few cheap defective HDMI cables before, but Today was a bit of fun. Since I have the new TV, my BD30 player has had heavy glitches at 1080p/60. I blamed the player as all the other players were fine.

Today the screen went suddently blank... A bit of frustrating testing determined it was the cable from one of my HDMI swicth to the TV that was defective. Good thing I had two spare cables...

Then, all my devices were working fine... except for the BD30 which remained blank. Once in a while I would get an image back, but it would "decompose" slowly within a minute or so and then go blank. A few more tests showed that the cable from the BD30 to the switch was defective too. The second spare cables worked first shot... and now there are no more issues at 1080p/60.

Now for the really funny part. Both cables were part of the same delivery from Monoprice. Nothing to do with Monoprice (who never explicitly garenteed these cables for 1080p and actually had a declaimer about uses in more than 1080i). I just find it hilarious that both went dead at the same time as if they had buit-in failures date!

But no more spares...

See Mojo's signature