Not the insides or anything like that, but the front feet height. I did a bunch of moving around with them a month or so back (did a thread about speaker placement), and found what I feel is the optimal placement for them up front. However there was some mention from an otherwise unmentionable troll by the name of Solid State about raising them up on milk crates, and how much better they sounded. I probably wouldn't have even thought twice about that being at all something I would try out, but then Grunt chimmed in and said he discovered this long ago and wrote about it in detail years ago.

So this got me thinking, does anyone here have their M80's, M60's or M50's pointing upward at all? Mine are sitting parallel to the floor right now, but it just occured to me that they send those little spacers with them in the feet kit. So I could experiment with placing one or two spacers in the front feet, therefore raising the front up just a bit. This might have a similar effect to placing them on milk crates (not something I really want in our sales room/home theater... speakers sitting on milk crates), though obviously not the exact same effect as the reflections will react quite differently.

However even if it's not all that similar to the milk crate thing, it still may improve the dynamics. So if you have your floor speakers tilted up at all, or have tried them that way and didn't like it, tell us about it. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about this in here yet. That's not to say it hasn't been covered before, I just wasn't a part of that discussion if there was one. I will be experimenting with putting a spacer or two under the M80's here shortly and will post my thoughts afterwards.

I just thought I'd throw this question out there while I was thinking about it.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD