Okay first off I am an Audiophile idiot and a virgin. Having that said and cleared here is my query:
I just finally got to setting up my first HT. My setup includes the Yamaha RX V2400, Axiom M22's in front, Axiom VP150 center, Axiom QS8's surrounds, and a Stryke Audio Mini Thunder Sub, which has a 350 watt amp. Now with all of this "power" I am genuinely disappointed in everything. But I know it is from lack of knowledge, and experience with the equipment that I cannot get these tweaked. There appears to be NO "true" bass from the sub, and all the speakers don't sound right. Y'know they sounded a little better when I first hooked them up BEFORE using the auto calibration feature. But now, I feel disgusted. I did find thru reading and calling that the auto calibration does not work well with the sub setup. I just don't hear the distinct sounds in the surrounds, the "BOOM" of the bass etc. I am very weak at this, I read the manual and it seems like I need an engineering degree. Would I be better served having someone come in and calibrate this, or can someone in laymans terms assist me. I would love to finally play with this toy, but right now I am so frustrated I play the satellite thru regular TV. Any help believe me will be MUCH appreciated.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!!