Originally Posted By: tomtuttle

And lots of people round these parts seem to think that their Axiom home systems sound BETTER than their local multiplex, so I'm not sure a theatre is the greatest comparison.

Let me just say that all cineplex's are not built the same. I wrote in a thread not too long ago about our local theater expanding and putting two 'deluxe' theaters in with 9 regular ones. The differences range from better seats, bigger theater, bigger screen, etc... but the biggest difference, is the audio set-up. I love my Axiom's, but I don't think I could ever match their sonic experience without adding at least another 10 speakers. It sounds phenominal in both of their main screens.

We went to see 'The Soloist' this summer when it opened on their main screen. The whole movie sounded great of course, but by far my favorite part was when Robert was at home listening to Neil Diamonds 'Mr. Bojangles'... holy crap that song sounded so good in that theater I couldn't believe it. I've listened to it many times before and since, but I've never heard it sound as good as it did in that movie, and expecially in that theater.

Last edited by Micah; 11/01/09 06:21 AM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD