Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Hey Peter, how did you end up doing the shrink tubing? I think I tried to make mine too complicated and it ended up looking terrible. I just took most of it off. Do you have any pics?

I don't have any pix handy, sorry. I'll try to remember to snap a few tonight.

I bought these. I slid about an inch of shrink tubing on the speaker wire, then ran the wire into the base of the banana plug. Secured the wire with the screw, then slipped the shrink tubing back down onto the end of the banana plug so that about a quarter inch was on the plug, and the rest was down the speaker wire. Used a heat gun to shrink it down. Pretty easy.

Some of the connections look better than others. ;\) But overall it looks "good enough" for me. It was worth the small investment (~$20) in plugs, shrink tubing, and techflex, and the afternoon of my time to build all the speaker interconnects that I wanted.

The TechFlex was what really makes the cables stand out. Well worth the couple of bucks to sheath the wires in this stuff. It's purely cosmetic, of course, but it really is a nice finishing touch. In fact, one of my long-standing "oughta-do-that" projects is to buy a bunch of large-diameter wrap-around tech flex and bundle up *everything* behind my AV rack. Would go a long way in cleaning up the rat's nest of wires that are back there....

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office