OK, I hope some of you like to camp or vacation and own Travel Trailers/RV's? We are looking at a new brand on the market that is totally green made and light weight, called Evergreen Ever-Lite. They are the only MFG of this kind....anyway....

I have some questions about additional options, so we can start negotiating a price. We live in Iowa, but there is a HUGE RV dealer in Michigan called Terrytown, they are the Walmart of the RV industry. They are the best prices of anyone by far, and people come from western Canada, just to deal with them....they buy in such huge quantities, the little guy can't compete...

There are some options available, that would increase the price, can you provide input if you think they are required. We are looking at a Evergreen Ever-Lite 31DS which is 32.4ft overall and 5,347 dry weight. I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado Z71 offroad package with towing package...

Options

• ALUMINUM WHEELS - not sure what comes standard for wheels, does have radial tires.
• 15K BTU AIR CONDITIONER - standard is 13.5 ducted, karen has read that longer trailers might need the 15k?
• 20” LCD FLAT PANEL TV - maybe we would be better buying one locally, but mfr says it might be standard, checking...
• GAS OVEN - I think we will just stay with standard electric...
• HIGH OUTPUT EXHAUST FAN - BATH ROOM - versus standard fan?
• SOLAR BATTERY CHARGER - not sure about this...
• POWER TONGUE JACK - is this a nice "have to have" or are the crank types ok?
• 20# SEE THROUGH COMPOSITE LP TANKS - comes standard with 30# tanks hard covered with top access door, I've heard some places won't will these new composite tanks...

If you have any input that would be great...also, I think I may need some additional things for my truck to make this all work (sway bars?, different receiver hitch? and maybe electric brake system?) If you can review that also that would be great.. I was looking at the hitch bar under my rear bumber, says 11,000 towing and 900 hitch weight, but my current receiver that slides in is only a 2" ball and is rated at 6,000 towing and 500 hitch down weight. I assume I need a different receiver assembly that slides into my existing cross bar?

thanks, Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85