I still haven't been able to get rid of my RC-8000 that came with my Denon 4808. It's big and bulky, so I've tried Harmony and a few others (never tried URC) for a slimmer, more stylish remote, but nothing has been able to give me all the flexability of the 8000. I've never found a command it couldn't learn, the batteries are replaceable, not rechargable, and last a good year or better before they need replacing.

And the one thing I simply could not trade was the ability to personally name each button whatever it was I wanted it named, and incorporate many different commands on one screen instead of having to flip through different screens to run different devices. For instance, when I hit 'Watch DVD', it turns on my TV, my Denon, my DVD player, switches the Denon to DVD and NEO-6, turns the TV to DVD and dims all my lights to a desired level that I've preset myself (Lutron light dimmers all around here too). Then from my DVD screen I have put in light dimmer up and down buttons, and a light on/off button right there along with my play, stop, rewind and all that jazz. So I can do all of that from that screen instead of having to switch over to the Lutron screen everytime I want to change the light settings. And I also have added a few of the different tv screen settings that I play with (full screen, wide screen), and Denon's THX and Neo-6 buttons on that screen as well since I sometimes swap between the two during some movies depending on what it is I'm watching.

Sounds lazy, but it's very handy. And like I mentioned, I can simply go in and name these buttons whatever I please instead of having to search through a bunch of generic names to give it. That in itself is worth putting up with the bulky eyesore IMO. But if the URC remotes have all of these features, I may just give one a try.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD