Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I have an average sized living room and M22's w/o a SW. I ordered a pair of M3's as a gift, but when I get them, I'm going to open the boxes and place them on top of my M22's and do some A/B comparison, between swapping speaker wires on the receiver (or using a different zone).

Well, I got the M3's and I have them placed on top of the M22's. Can't side by side them because the wall space only supports one at a time and I only have stands for one set.

I attached the mike to a tripod and ran the auto eq for both sets of speakers. What supprised me was the 9 band eq was almost flat for the M3's but not for the M22's.

My Pioneer receiver allows me to Play the same input using the Tuner but not the BD player. So, when I listened to a CD or Movie/Music video, I had to turn off the receiver and swap bananna plugs for the speakers in the front channel. But for Tuner, I could switch eq setting, mute, switch zones, then unmute. I did this back and forth over and over again.

I'm used to the sound of the M22, so my first impression was the M22's sounded good, while the M3 sound was less bright and toned down to an unacceptable level. But, the M3's have a much nicer low level, so therefore more suitable for a system without a subwoofer like I had thought.

Once you get used to the M3's, they sound very nice, a more solid sound. But, I still prefer the sound from the M22's even without the extra bass, though. They just sound so much clearer.

Well, probably nothing here that anyone would consider new, but it does confirm what everyone has said.