Well, Joyce and I just got back yesterday from 11 days in Orlando...that last one unplanned due to the "Blizzard of '09" that messed up air travel on the East Coast Saturday. We did the usual Disney, SeaWorld and Universal stuff, but the first day we arrived we drove down to meet Rick (RickF) and his wife Jan at their home in Vero Beach.

Left to right are Rick, Jan, Joyce and myself (sporting a new, unintentional crew cut!):

Rick is the first Axiomite I've had the pleasure to meet, but hopefully not the last. I guess that's dependant upon whether he's figured out that I took $10 from his wallet while he left it on the table after we all enjoyed a bottle of ummmm, ummmm, good mustard!

Seriously, Rick (and Jan!) are as great as you would expect after reading the posts here. They have a beautiful, beautiful home and are among the most welcoming, easygoing people I've ever met. We went out to the restaurant pictured above for some lunch and went back to their house after for some more talk and some listening. If was my first time hearing M80s and, combined with their EP600, was simply awesome!

Unfortunately, Joyce and I had been up since 3am the previous night and had a two-hour ride back through an unfamiliar area to get to our hotel in Orlando, so the time spent together wasn't nearly as long as I would have liked. They're just plain 'ole good folks, and I could have talked for hours more!

Anyway, I'm still exhausted from the trip, and haven't caught up here, but that will have to be tomorrow or the next day. I DID want to post this, though, as I know I always enjoy reading about other Axiomites getting together.

I still think we all need some sort of get together en masse!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::