I'll throw in my strange story. When I built my home theater closet I had two seperate dedicated circuts run to it. One circut handles all of the computer equipment, the other handles all of the AV gear. I never noticed a hum at all through my M80's after I purchased the Emotiva until we were giving a presentation one day and I was sitting about 4 feet from it. Once the customers left I tried sitting back in the captians chair, and sure enough I didn't notice it from that distance. But it bugged me enough that I decided to try to get rid of it.

The first thing I tried was unplugging it from the AV circut and putting it on the room circut. The hum completely disappeared. What's strange to me about that is that both sets of dimmer lights, the air conditioner, and the mini-refrigerator we have in that room are all on that circut. I would have thought if anything those would have caused a problem, not my other electronics. Also, when I had the EP800 plugged into that circut it never experienced any sort of hum, so why did my M80's?

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD