Yeah I've always wondered the same thing. Real estate is very cheap around here. The house I just moved out of was a 1000 sq ft house on a half acre that had a full basement (bringing the grand total to 2000 sq ft) and an attatched garage... I bought it for $50,000 dollars in 1997. With the plunge in market prices it only appraised at $70,000 last spring when I had it on the market. So I decided to rent it out for $650 a month instead.

So I've always wondered how people live in places like Hawaii or California where a house like that would proly cost $300,000 - $400,000 thousand dollars? Because while it was nice and comfy living in it as a single man, when my ex-wife and kids were living there with me it got a bit cramped & we were in the process of looking for a bigger home before we got divorced (found the ex-girlfriend nudie pic before we even started moving). So where do all the non-lawyers, doctors and movie stars shack up anyway, tee-pee's? I know they have McDonalds & Wendy's there, which means there are people living in Hawaii that only make minimum wage, where do people like that live? It seems like it would be impossible to live in an area like that without earning half a million bucks a year, but not everyone can be an attorney, so how on earth do the middle class live comfortably in places like that?

... just kidding about the nudie pic btw ;\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD