Thanks Adrian, I will be going with the M80's then. As above, I do play LOUD when my wife's not around so I do want a centre channel and/or amp that can keep up.

Originally Posted By: Adrian
Hmmmm. The M80s play very clear and detailed at any volume and would likely have an edge over the 60s at lower volumes. I've not heard the M60s before but I've read from other members who have compared the two, that the 80s give you a little 'more' in the mids and highs. If you consider using an M80 as a centre, it shouldn't be laid on it's side due to the dispersion characteristics of the speakers. If you don't have room for an upright M80, an M22 would probably work here.

It sounds as if you're going to be listening to your system at somewhat restrained levels, so the 3808 would probably give you as much power as you'll want.

I've never heard of anyone stacking two centre channels above one another as you've described. I'm pretty sure it's not advisable though.

Even M22's across the front LCR combined with a decent sub would sound excellent. Some guys here are running systems close to what you're describing, maybe they'll jump in.