Dynamic Volume only changes the dynamic range. The flockharting of frequencies is not changed. By compressing the loudest-to-softest volume dynamics, it's helpful to even out those too-loud commercials or to let you watch a movie at night where, for example, it will make an explosion 6dB louder than the dialog instead of the usual 20dB louder. In other words, it promotes marital peace when one person is more of a late-night person than the other. \:\)

Dynamic EQ does two things: At lower volumes, it boosts the bass frequencies and the treble frequencies. This gives even lower-level listening the "fullness" and "clarity" that listening at higher volumes offers. The second thing it does is to boost the surround channels a bit, again, at lower volumes, to help prevent the surround stuff from getting too soft and "lost". Both of these things are applied dependent upon the volume: the lower the volume goes, the more effect is applied.

As I mentioned above, I use dynamic volume here and there as needed depending upon the source and how late at night it is, but I leave the Dynamic EQ on all the time, since it doesn't come into play at anything but low volumes where, in my opinion, it's needed to prevent the sound from getting "thin" and "anemic" sounding.

Well, my response was slow! \:\)

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 01/15/10 08:03 PM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::