I don't know about stacking them on the 80s Adrian but I did try an M60 as a center, excellent audio but it was difficult to watch the TV with that floorstanding M60 sticking in front of the screen \:\) ... what I didn't do and what just did come to mind though is placing an M60 back as a single center and maybe playing a few hours of surround music, I may very well do that.

I'm now using a VP100 on top of our 73" screen and a VP150 below the screen which works perfectly fine and plants the dialog onto the center of the screen for TV and movie viewing but for surround music (usually DDPLxII or Logic7 7ch Music) it almost seems like the center audio is a little higher than the mains (probably because while listening to music I'm usually in and out of the room and not sitting my big arse on the couch) ... that's where, I bet, the single 60 will absolutely shine.

Jay I'm thinking one reason why the Q8s are maybe fitting the bill like green on grass for us is that our room dimensions are probably close to ideal (rectangular 25'x14') and the location of the QS8s to the seating within the room is most likely where they really show their wares and I really just haven't had any hints whatsoever of needing anything better, they are truly very amazing speakers and I just couldn't imagine anything else doing a more perfect role.

Rick
Our Room

smile