No worries about the speakers my man. 'If' there is any breaking in to be done to the Axiom speakers you purchased, it happened within the first few seconds of playing them. I know because I too used to think a speaker needed a few weeks or even months to really wear into itself and play as well as it could play. However after reading a great deal of material on this site I have been enlightened to the fact that what I used to believe just wasn't the case.

But this is a good thing, because now you can go ahead and crank those babies for all they're worth without worrying about disrupting any 'process' you were preparing to put them through before doing so. But don't go on my word alone, seach the site on the matter. It will open your eyes as it did my own.

This site also saved me a TON of money on my wiring costs. In my last HT set-up I spent upwards of $800 bucks on Monstercables, Power Conditioners, and other completely useless gear that is all marketed to remove the money from my wallet, not make my system sound any better than it already does. So when I put this HT together I spent a total of like $50 bucks on my wiring needs. A savings of $750 dollars.

It pays to be in the know! ;\)

Edit - Wow, you guys are fast! When I started writing this I was addressing post #5! Bahahahaha... but to add to what I was saying, rest assured my man, my M80 sounded as crisp, clear & wonderful the day I hooked them up, as they do today, 8 months later! Oh sure moving them around to get the best possible sound out of them via 'placement' made a difference. But the overall sound has not changed one bit. You are right, your ears may take a while to get used to them, especially since you just switched over from another brand. But the speaker itself is not going to change any.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD