I have Axioms M60s, VP150 and QS-8 with an SVS 20-39 sub and a Yamaha 1400 and wouldnt have it any other way.

I too read all the reviews I could find before purchasing. I had no way to listen to the speakers before buying so I wanted to make sure I wasnt going to be disapointed. Two things I saw over and over was, a little bright and inadiqate bass.

Wrong and wrong!

When I first pluged em in I immediatly thought I noticed the brightness I had heard about. After a listening a little and tweeking the treble and bass, I realized it wasnt brightness I was hearing, it was a whole spectrum of sound I wasnt used to hearing. Highs were clear and precise, but not bright.

AS far as bass, I didnt care cuz I knew Id be running a sub. When I hooked it up I immediatly was shocked by how inadiqate the bass was. Then I realized I hadnt told my reciever I wasnt running a sub at the time. Few clicks of a button, BOOM, there it is. For normal music listening, these speakers are fine by themselves, but for movies and thumpin music, still gota have a sub, but that goes without saying.

In summery, AXIOM is the bomb. I dont know what other problems people might have had, but like mine, its probably self inflicted.