I’m assuming your just trying to hide speaker wire? Are there any areas you can wedge the wire between the carpet and the wall? Like you mentioned the local hardware store sell self adhesive plastic conduit that snaps open and closed so you can even run HDMI or VGA cables through it, but long runs of that stuff get expensive.

In my apartment I just ran the 16 gauge speaker wires under thick throw rugs and couldn’t even tell they were there.

Probably not a solution for you but I’ll throw it out there for any lurkers who happen across this thread. Since I’ve got curtains running around most of my room I used double rod brackets. The outer hole carries the curtain rod while the inner one will have 1 1/2” black PVC pipe. All the wires, speaker, HDMI and VGA all fit through it with “T” fittings everywhere I need wire to drop down. Not many people are likely to be able to use this method but since the curtain were already going in the only additional cost was the PVC pipe and fittings the total cost of which is about $20.00. Since the curtains and everything above them is black you can’t even see them.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1