So I have had my Axiom setup now for almost a year, and for the most part I am happy. However, one thing that has kinda bugged me off and on is that the VP150 doesnt seem to match the M80's timbre/clarity.

I have done a few searches here in the forums, as well as AVS, and HTF for 'VP150 dull/muffled/muddy' and havent really come up with much of a solution for my situation. I have read through various things like 'adjusting position' (which I have done from below, above, and at ear level just for grins), to getting the angle 'just right'.

Is there anything else that I am missing or have overlooked? ? Perhaps I damaged the VP150 somehow? (albeit I have verified that the tweeters and drivers are functioning). Or is this just a fact of the VP150 and the M80's?

Right now all the tests that I have done and have been just 'by the ear' tests with Avia (however spl calibrated for my seating position), and a few movies and a buddy to help move the center around. However, nothing I have done so far has satisfied me short of disabling the VP150 and going with a phantom center which sounds great (from my seating position only of course).

Will probably do some more tests next weekend with a couple of borrowed centers and maybe fire up ETF for grins, but thought I would see if anyone else had any suggestions.

-pd