mark, i don't know, but i don't doubt it from what i have herd about the quality of new houses these days..

trez, the only thing i could say to you, is do your homework about the builder your going with, and inspect the construction very often. if I was going to have a new house built, I would make the time to go over and inspect it on a daily basis. I would also put in the contract, to have outside inspectors of my choosing inspect the house as it is being built, at specific points during the construction one defiantly being before drywall goes up. I would also have specific contractors, electrical, pluming, and general. Also make them show you the density test of the foundation. i think they are required to be 12 something. don't know saw an episode on holmes on homes about that.

I have a cousin her and her husband had their house built, by one of the "better" builders in the country, long story short all of their closet organization shelves ect, were only anchored into drywall, one of the nails were anchored into any studs.

i don't want to scare you, and im sure you have already done a good amount of homework on your own, i do wish you best of luck with your new purchase.

one other idea for your QS8's would be suspend them by poles like the lights in your photo, run the wire inside of the pole, paint them black.

If you have a wife, she would probably take a decent amount of working on to get her to go for that idea..... maybe another project for you \:D

Last edited by dakkon; 02/07/10 07:31 PM.