I'm an enigma to my stereophile, vintage audio friend who has trouble understanding why i like and put together two channel systems and yet promote the multi channel surround experience as superior.
Can a person not belong to two camps?
It must be one or the other?

I love dvd-audio and sacd sound (no, playing a regular disc in DPL II does not remotely provide the same experience).
In that regard, or with movies in DD or DTS, i find the sound to be exceptionally greater and more immersing, but two channel sound is all i have in my office and main floor so why not build the best imaging and quality systems you can and why not do it on a budget?
Vintage gear is beautiful stuff. No plastic, beefy amp sections, real wood trims, nice lights, classic and classy!

I also build computers for fun and kicks, research, buy and support friends/family needs for help with the latest home theatre electronics, yet i don't have an iPod/ mp3 player or even own a cell phone, use a 10 year old CRT monitor, a TRACKBALL CORDED mouse, and apparently still have a 'beige' keyboard (how passe).

Go figure.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."