Hello folks, I just wanted to put a lid on this one.

After my last post, the final real change I made was to install the carpet spikes. I tried the carpet spikes when I first unboxed the M60's, but I took them back off as I felt they made the towers a little unstable (I still feel this way, to a degree). I've read opposing opinions on the web whether carpet spikes really improve the quality of sound, but I think they did help a bit. Since then, I've just been listening to the M60's for about three weeks. Probably 60% movies, 40% music, or something close to that.

I felt like my ears had likely gotten accustomed to the M60's, so this weekend I disconnected the M60's and connected my old Polks back up as L & R and played a few music CD selections in stereo that I thought the M60's were particularly good at. I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that the difference was almost laughable; my old speakers sound like listening to a speaker playing on the other side of a wall. It was... shocking. I expected to have a slightly different ear for the M60's after listening to them for a while, but I couldn't believe this was the same sound that had come from the Polks for the last 10 years and I actually thought it was pretty decent. I switched back to the M60's and they sounded very full and smooth. Back to the Polks. Ugh. Seriously? These are my speakers? Back to the M60's. Switching back and forth doing A vs. B comparisons with various things for a while and just generally wondering how I could not hear this much difference between them before. I'm sure I had some setup-type issues that you guys' suggestions helped me through, but I am now convinced that my initial disappointment in the M60's was largely in my own head and ears. I readily admit I am far from an audiophile, but I've always felt like I knew 'good sound'. This has been a bit of a humbling experience, but I am very pleased to say I am quite satisfied with the M60's. \:\)

FWIW, I've been very satisfied with the VP150 also. Now I'm just itching to get some QS8's and a far better sub! I intended to space this project out, but I know full well I won't wait much longer. \:\)

Thanks again to all you guys who gave me suggestions. Much appreciated!

CD