Yes indeed, go USA. And thanks to our Canadian friends for hosting the games in such a beautiful place. I've always wanted to visit Vancouver, and these games have pretty much sealed the deal that I've just *got* to do so sometime. Some of the HD flyovers of the city, mountains, ocean, etc have got us itching to book a trip. \:\)

Originally Posted By: davidsch
. . . And while we are talking Olympics...did anyone see Shaun White's two halfpipe runs last night? It is enjoyable to see someone try their hardest tricks and nail them all.

It was incredible. Even to someone like myself who is ignorant of things snowboarding, it was pretty clear that he absolutely dominated the field. He seemed to bend the laws of physics. He also seems to be a pretty cool guy, and pretty down-to-earth for the level of fame & money that he has.

However, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole paid-for-by-Red-Bull private half-pipe. I mean, it's pretty cool and all, but it seems slightly unfair to the other 'boarders who don't have such a luxury.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 02/18/10 07:37 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office