Yeah, Airport Express is probably the best way to do this if you want to stream iTunes. If you have an iPod Touch or iPhone, you can the Remote app to control the iTunes player. Very easy to do, especially if you have an existing Wifi network.

Another cool thing. I was thinking of putting a clock radio w/ iPod dock in my son's room. My daughter has one already. I wanted to stream some children's audiobooks to his room from our main iTunes library, which has a bunch of Audible books for kids. Then I realized, if I just use a clock radio w/ AUX input and an Airport Express, I could use my iPhone to control iTunes on the clock radio. Much more elegant solution and I don't have to buy yet another ipod.

Good call on the Airfoil. Then you can use any webstream on your HT, including Pandora. I needed a Pandora/Sonos alternative and I forgot about Airfoil. I may be buying this one shortly... They even have an iPhone app now.

Your other option of doing this is something like Squeezebox (which IIRC allows lossless like FLAC) or Sonos, which is GREAT but very $$$.

Bear in mind that the Airport Express outputs a line out, so you need to put that into an AVR, Line In, or amplified speakers. The plus is that it's also a digital optical output, so you if you have optical in, you can use that.

Last edited by oldskoolboarder; 02/21/10 06:18 PM.