Originally Posted By: patwho
Hello, Are there anyone that bi-wires their m-80's. Do they sound better.thanks

My M80's are pseudo-bi-amped*. I do it because I have the channels available on my amp, I like the way Canare 4S11 cable looks, and because I can.

Sound quality is subjective and therefore at the mercy of one's perception. A half a bottle of Jack Daniels has as much affect on sound quality as the most expensive speaker cables or amplifiers one can buy. To that end, I believe that my M80's sound a little better when bi-amped. Believe. Could be my imagination. Could by my amp. Could be real. I won't argue it with anyone because it's my head, my speakers, my gear, and my house. ;\) C'mon over and I'll demo the M80's for you both bi-amped and mono-amped and you can hear for yourself. Whether we agree or not, the pizza & beer's on me. \:\)

Now purely bi-wiring, where you're just running a pair of wires from each +/-, I have a little more trouble believing that it can achieve any meaningful gains. YMMV and I'm not going to tell you it's useless, just that *I* have a harder time believe it makes a difference.

The bottom line is that Axiom provides the dual inputs on the M80 so that you can bi-amp them if you want. If you want. If you've got the extra channels available on your AVR or amp, go for it. Give it a listen. At most you're out is the speaker cable. Good luck and have fun. That's what this hobby is all about.

Pseudo-bi-amped = RCA pre-outs split to form two pairs of L and R pre-out outputs, each output fed to a discrete amplifier bank, the outputs of each amplifier running to the high or low end of each M80.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office