Originally Posted By: fredk
Hmm... thinking on this, if windows captures and remixes all audio, even from the most recent AMD graphics cards, would'nt that break HDCP?

This is exactly why I gave up on my HTPC. Its a full time job keeping up on what isn't working and how.

HTPCs are getting much closer to not being such a pain. I've been playing with them for years. For me sticking with mainstream software and hardware, and not using everything trick in the book (trying to customize every interface, menu, leading edge software, drivers, codecs, renderers, etc.) makes mine much more reliable. I just rdp in about once a month and update my video drivers and anydvd. Most of the time these days it just works for music, Bluray with bitstreaming and OTA TV.

For Bluray you can bypass the windows mixer with commercial software players. For TV and music, thru WMC, then die hard ones are figuring it out as we speak, and I'll jump on board when they have it all worked out and reliable. With that said, TV and Music, thru the mixer sounds incredible for me. So I'm in no hurry, but will like it when it's available.

Audio thru the mixer (or not thru the mixer) does not break HDCP.

The core "i", bitstream, some ATI cards and the Xonar Audio card (with HDMI pass thru on the card) I have one of these Xonars available \:\) I moved on to Core i

Last edited by wordgasm; 03/13/10 05:28 PM.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008