I wasn’t referring the physical size of the M80’s. They simply are not needed and will never be used to their full potential in a room this size. I had to actually set my receiver’s max volume control so it could not inadvertently exceed 0 DB on the receiver. After my remote wigged out on me and ran the volume to 100% one day, it hurt me and my ears were ringing for days afterwards. I made sure that could never happen again…. Getting back to the physical size of the M80’s, I know from my own personal experience, they have to be moved out away from the back wall no less than 6” and 12” is desirable to sound their best. I do not think the M60’s need this much room, but again, I have not had a set of M60’s and am only going off what I’ve heard from other owners.

As far as low volume performance, I had not considered that. I have not heard M60’s so I don’t know first hand how they would compare to the M80’s. I do however find it difficult to believe that there would be a noticeable difference between the two speakers at the same DB when using a sub. What is it about the M80’s that would make them perform better than the M60’s at lower volume?

I would very much enjoy participating in some blind testing with all the Axiom speakers. I think that I would more than likely leave the room with a different perspective than what I have now.