I have had an ING Direct Savings account for many years. I have no complaints. The interest rates are (well were, until rates tanked....) pretty good. Transactions in/out take a couple of days, but it's reliable. The auto-transfer savings plan stuff works great. 1099's are available quickly. And that's about all you can ask for in a saving's account. ;\)

I've thought about opening up an ING Orange Checking account. I probably would, except for two things. One, I use my debit card a lot, and I believe their card is Mastercard. I'd prefer Visa, as I have been places where they don't take Mastercard. Everyplace that does plastic accepts Visa.

And secondly, their free ATM network is very sparse where I live. The nearest fee-free ATM is 30 miles away inside a Target, which makes it kind of inconvenient to get cash. I too, am very averse to paying fees for withdrawing my own money at an ATM, so I won't use a non-network ATM unless it is an emergency. And I'm not sure if I could deal with being at the mercy of the "Cash back?" option at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office