We are heading back to Orlando again this year (we go at least once every other year)... We love Disneyworld, but this year we are, gasp, skipping it! We were there 2 years ago and did some Disney and some Universal. I think that the kids were ready for something different after going to Disney parks so many times.

They are now 11 and 16 and both want just Universal plus a Disney water park. While Disney does great with hiding some of the lines, the Magic Kingdom isn't done as well as others, and none of them seem to compare to the general theming of Universal. We still absolutely love Disney, but with out kids getting older, wanted to go somewhere else and we were just amazed at the difference (in general) between the lines at the Disney Parks vs the experiences at Universal.

Just my opinion, and like I said (twice already) we really like Disney, so it isn't a bash of them at all, and Universal does have some older attractions that are still generic queue lines. Universal just had to step it up in some newer areas since Disney is still considered the king down there. I'd guess that they both do some flip-flopping back in forth trying to out-do each other.

Farewell - June 4, 2020