Originally Posted By: mazzum

wandering what the least expensive axiom sub I could consider would be and if I could chain it with the Velodyne for extra punch.

Just a clarification you say you want more punch which usually comes from the midbass frequencies and is usually has more impact when the source is placed near to and facing your seating. So when you say “punch” are you in fact talking about the chest thumping feeling or the deeper rumble of the low bass or both.

I ask because IMO adding another mid-range sub in a room that size won’t help either cause very much. As Randy said your best bet is first to try repositioning your sub in the corner the way he described playing with it’s distance to the walls to emphasize different frequencies. If you have a calibration disk with a low frequency sweep you could pop it in when you play with the subwoofers positioning to see what effect the position has on different frequencies and also to know for sure which frequencies you’re looking to improve.

Another thing you could try is moving the sub close to and in front of your seating. Midbass frequencies are best produced near field to give that chest pounding feeling. Understand though that if you over do the midbass you’re not getting a flat frequency response though many people are willing to sacrifice it for the punch in the chest feeling.

If more midbass is in fact what you are after you might look into a midbass module like this:

MBM-12 Mid-bass Module

If the deep rumble is what you are after then you might consider a tactile transducer like one of these.

BUTTKICKER LFE KIT

I make these suggestions since you already have a sub and adding another similar sized sub is only going to give you +3dB to +6dB improvement at best depending on how you place it and maybe not even that much in a room that big.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1