I've been intrigued by the concept of a mid-bass module for that extra punch in both music and movies. I briefly read the link on the MBM-12 module above. Thanks for that Dean.

My question is... because it is designed to work in the 50 to 150 Hz range, would the upper range o the 150 Hz mark become just a bit less non-directional than a normal 80Hz and lower sub configuration? It recommends a near listener position and shows an example of being situated behind the listener. It might be a bit odd if you felt the 'punch' of a bullet shot behind your seat when the surround track called for it to be somewhere else. It's normally the higher frequencies that accompany a deep bass sound effect that give you an illusion that a deep bass rumble is coming from where it should be in relation to the action but I'm not sure where that mix really starts to kick in.

To this point perhaps, I noticed that the review including the HSU demonstration had the MBM-12 running from 50 to just 80 Hz. I wonder if they choose it simply for sound quality or to keep it non-directional?

Perhaps is still just too non-directional under 150 Hz to worry about? I'm not sure, thus I ask.

Last edited by Murph; 04/08/10 12:37 PM. Reason: clarity

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.